Applicants to hospital-based Clinical Practicum programs using the MTIMPM Match Process need to follow these steps:
1. Read and follow MTIMPM information and instructions for printing, completing and submitting application materials to hospital-based programs
2. Contact university advisor regarding-
- curriculum and graduation requirements
- submitting transcripts, grades, recommendations and other documentation
3. Complete and submit application materials to hospital-based program(s) of choice
- read the individual hospital directions at the bottom of the application and supply the requested items (i.e. essay)
- communicate with program director(s) regarding specific application process requirements and procedures, i.e. scheduling interview
- insure that Fall course grades are submitted
4. Contact university advisor IMMEDIATELY if asked to provide verbal or written confirmation that a hospital-based program will be placed as #1 on your preference form.
- Notify MTIMPM by e-mail or mail
- This is an ETHICS VIOLATION by the hospital-based program
5. AFTER COMPLETING YOUR INTERVIEWS AT THE HOSPITALS, complete and Submit MTIMPM Match Process Forms & Fee ($5.00 payable to MTIMPM) by November 20th. This form and fee should be submitted to your University Advisor (if you are in a Michigan University) by the deadline your advisor specifies. If you are an “independent student” applicant from out-of-state or from a non-participating university - you should mail your form directly to MTIMPM at 1140 Abbott Rd. #4054, East Lansing, MI 48826.
- on the Preference Form, DO LIST ALL hospital-based programs you are WILLING to attend. The more programs you are willing to attend, the greater the chance of securing a Clinical Practicum position BUT
- DO NOT LIST a hospital-based program if you are UNWILLING to attend or you have not completed the application process.
6. If you ACCEPT a Clinical Practicum position at a NON-PARTICIPATING program, contact MTIMPM and WITHDRAW from the MTIMPM Match Process
7. In December, Programs notify (via e-mail) applicants of placement in a Clinical Practicum position.
- Within one week, follow the program’s instructions for confirming acceptance of the Clinical Practicum position.
Student Academic Course Plan: (pdf) (xls)
Essential Functions: (pdf) (doc)
Recommendation Form: (pdf) (doc)
Student Match Registration Form: (pdf) (doc)