|Spartan Dairy 3.0 Is Ready
Dept. of Animal Science
Spartan Dairy 3.0 ration evaluation program is available as a 60-day demonstration version that can be downloaded for free at www.spartandairy.msu.edu. Spartan 3.0 uses a spreadsheet interface, similar to Spartan 2, but it is a complete remake of the program with many new features and completely new nutritional model and user interface. It was designed to formulate reasonable diets in a relatively short period of time using the latest science.
• A stand-alone program that runs on MS Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista, or XP
• Solid science: uses NRC 2001 and additional improvements developed at MSU
• Lots of information:120 feed characteristics to help with troubleshooting
• Adaptable: balance a diet with just the “Home” tab or with all 120 columns
• Tested: used in teaching at MSU for 3 years and on test farms for 2 years
• Nutrient management information for environmental sustainability
• Several rations and feed libraries can be open simultaneously
• Feeds can be copied and pasted from one file to another, and to and from MS Excel to facilitate updating feed analyses
• Reports can be previewed before printing
• Nutritional adequacy can be previewed in graphical form
• Works in English or Metric units
• Spartan 3.0 works best in Windows 7 (64-bit), Vista, and XP.
• A least cost optimizer is not included in this version of Spartan 3.0. Implementation of this feature would be possible if there is sufficient interest.
Production Sales & Support
For questions regarding the program, consult our website: www.spartandairy.msu.edu or email us at email@example.com. To order Spartan Dairy 3.0, see the website or write us at: Spartan Dairy Program, 1290 Anthony, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824.
The sale price for Spartan Dairy 3.0 is $450. Updates to fix bugs will be free. Shipping and handling are free within the USA. Credit card purchases are preferred for payments with foreign currencies.