Service-Learning Writing Project
Agreement and Proposal
Instructions for Students: COMPLETELY fill out this form during an early meeing (preferably your first) with the agency contact person. When completed, post this document and link it to your SLWP webfolio and give a hardcopy to the contact person. Once posted, send the URL to your WRA135 instructor for approval. Meantime, please fill out this form clearly, using COMPLETE SENTENCES for EVERY response other than the dates and signatures (III. 2 and 3, as well as IV and V, of course).
Obviously, this document is NOT a "form," as inadequate space has been provided for responses. Students are to make adequate room for responses when posting this document. NOTE: do NOT begin your responses with a restatement of the question! (Example of what NOT to do: "The specific audience for the project is....")
Remove this box (between the ---snip--- marks) before posting the document. Also remove ALL instructions in (parentheses), below.
If you or your agency contact does not have a phone, fax, or email address, please eliminate that; while this will be posted as an HTML document in your SLWP webfolio, it must look "clean."
For your font, use Helvetica/Ariel at size Medium.
This document is to be completed and posted before the end of the FIFTH week of the semester!
Date of Agreement
II. PROJECT PROPOSAL (please be VERY specific with ALL responses!)
1. Specific subject/topic/title for project:
2. Specific audience for project (include a link to your Audience Assessment as well):
3. How will the document be used by the agency (printed in a newsletter, distributed to the public, kept for agency's internal use)? Again, please remember students will additionally be "posting" their writings to their webspace.
4. Goals for project (i.e., how will this project benefit the agency?):
5. Estimated length of writing project (in terms of number of words to be produced by the student writer):
6. Comprehensive outline of project:
7. How will the writers get most of the information they need (MSU's library system, the agency's library/files, interviews, the internet, etc.)? Please bear in mind students will be expected to be fairly accomplished at researching topics both online and in the MSU library.
8. Project format for agency - remembering a version will be included in your SLWP webfolio (typed hard copy? CD/DVD? brochure? newsletter? only online? other?):
(Note: if your work will appear on a website OTHER THAN the your SLWP webfolio, indicate its URL)
III. PROJECT TIME REQUIREMENTS
1. Estimated time needed for research (please list specific hours, even if only tentative at this time):
2. Schedule for study group meetings with classmates engaged in the same project (please list specific dates, even if only tentative at this time):
3. Schedule for conferences with agency contact person (please list specific dates):
IV. PROJECT DEADLINES (please list specific dates)
For Progress Updates
(add more if needed; minimum of one required)
For Audience Assessment
First Draft: date
Final Draft: date
For Rough Draft/s to be Reviewed by Contact Person
For Review at the Writing Center
For Final Copy
last modified 12.02