Dr. and Mrs. Gliozzo established the Dr. Charles A. and Marjorie A. Gliozzo Scholarship Endowment to support IIH with its mission and to provide scholarships for global health education, research, and outreach for undergraduate and graduate students from all colleges and disciplines at Michigan State University.
The Dr. Charles A. and Marjorie A.Gliozzo Scholarship Endowment supports students who adhere to the eligibility requirements for study, research, or outreach in Africa, Latin America, Central America, and Asia. In these areas, the donors are concerned about health issues such as malnutrition, infectious disease, malaria, HIV, poverty, and polluted water that are symptoms of larger social, political, and environmental problems.
- Scholarship Criteria
- The number of awards and dollar amount will vary by year.
- Only approved and accredited programs are eligible for the award.
- Awards will be granted throughout the year.
- Financial need is not a factor in awarding this scholarship.
- Undergraduate students from all majors and colleges at Michigan State University are eligible to apply for this scholarship (a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average is needed).
- Graduate students from all majors and colleges at Michigan State University are eligible to apply for this scholarship (a minimum of a 3.2 cumulative grade point average is needed).
- Applicants should express their desire to conduct study, research, or outreach related to global health in Africa, Latin America, Central America, or Asia in a brief (3-5 page) written proposal, to be evaluated by IIH.
- The IIH administrator may choose to invite representation from other colleges to encourage broad participation and a broad applicant pool for this scholarship.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship, please contact Michael Miller for more information.