Information for students who missed the first session of HA 494 on
Monday, May 12
According to the records, we had 11 people signed up, but only 5 appeared
in class on the first day. Apparently, 6 students thought they could miss the
first day, since nothing important happens then, anyway.
If you missed the class (and you know who you are), here's what you gotta do:
- Contact program chair Kris Morrissey at
email@example.com to let her know you are still interested and still coming.
- Contact principal instructor Eugene Dillenburg at
firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you are coming.
- ATTEND THE NEXT SESSION. It will be held Wednesday, May 14, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30
p.m. at the MSU Museum on West Circle Drive, across from the main Library. We'll be
on the second floor, probably in the Conference Room. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you
not miss the second session. We'll be assigning teams for the main project of the
course. If you miss that, it will be REALLY hard to integrate you into the class. Plus,
you will have missed half the theory of the course.
- Print the lecture notes for the first class.
- If you want, you can also print the course outline
and the class assignments.
- Purchase the course textbook, Planning for People in Museum Exhibitions by
Kathleen McLean. It is available on-line from the
ASTC bookstore. You can also find it on-line at the
- Mr. Dillenburg is based in Minnesota and thus has very limited availability for
office hours. Your best bet for a quick catch-up would be to brown-bag your lunch
on Wednesday and we can go over what you missed.
It's going to be a fun class! I hope everyone who is interested can make it on
Wednesday. See you there!
-- Eugene Dillenburg
This page updated May 12, 2003.