- Graduate School Dissertation Completion Fellowship. College of Arts and Letters.
- Graduate Student Research Enhancement Award. Office of the Vice President for Research, Graduate School and Second Language Studies program.
- Dissertation Research Funding Award. Second Language Studies program.
- Various travel awards from the College of Arts & Letters, the Graduate School, the Second Language Studies program, International Studies & Programs, and the English Language Center for presentation at conferences.
- Selection for participation in the International Spring School 2009: Standard and Non-Standard Languages In Europe: Future and Vitality Of Dialects, Language Contacts and New Linguistic Scenarios In Today's Europe, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Pavia, Italy (Award covering room and board).
- Successful completion of Certificato di conoscenza della lingua italiana (CELI) 5 Italian Language Examination, Common European Framework of Reference Level C2.
- Certificate, Intensive Italian Language and Culture courses (Level C2) at Università per Stranieri di Perugia (The University for Foreigners), Perugia, Italy.