Recruiting Flight Commander - Captain Jeffrey J. Livingston
Captain Livingston is the Recruiting Flight Commander for AFROTC Detachment 380 at the Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. His responsibilities include recruiting and retention of new officer candidates for the United States Air Force in the majority of the lower peninsula of Michigan. This includes the current 150 person cadet wing corps as well as contacting hundreds of interested students at various events throughout the state.
Previously, he was Chief of protocol for the 81st Training Wing at Keesler AFB Mississippi. His responsibilities included providing expert protocol support for a numbered air force and training wing, support for numerous DV visits including the AETC commander and former Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, as well as provide oversight for planning and execution of ceremonies to include change of commands, promotions, and retirements. Captain Livingston has previously worked in force development as well as sustainment services roles at the squadron level.
2010 B.A. in Global and Area Studies, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
2011 Graduate, Force Support Officer Course, Keesler AFB, MS
1. February 2011 – August 2011, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, TX
2. August 2011 – January 2012, Deputy Flight Commander, Force Development, Keesler AFB, MS.
3. January 2012 – March 2012, Student, Force Support Officer Course, Keesler AFB, MS.
4. March 2012 – June 2013, Deputy Flight Commander, Sustainment Services, Keesler AFB, MS.
5. July 2013 – June 2014, Chief of Protocol, 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, MS.
6. June 2014 – Current, Recruiting Flight Commander, AFROTC Det 380, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant – January 16, 2011
First Lieutenant – January 16, 2013
Captain – January 16, 2015