Commander - Lt Col David F. Hargy
Lieutenant Colonel David Hargy is the commander of AFROTC Detachment 380, and Chair of the Aerospace Studies Department at Michigan State University. He directs a 4-year academic, military training, and character development program leading graduates to a commission in the United States Air Force as a Second Lieutenant.
Previously, he served as Chief, Civil Engineer Operations Support Branch; Civil Engineer Operations Division; Directorate of Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support; Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command; Barksdale Air Force Base Louisiana. The Civil Engineer Operations Support Branch provides policy, guidance, and expertise in facility sustainment work prioritization and information management, service contracts, material acquisition, facility energy conservation, unaccompanied housing, and military family housing supporting the commands $18B infrastructure portfolio at five bases and multiple geographically remote nuclear missile facilities.
Lieutenant Colonel Hargy was born in Fayetteville, NC. Upon graduating from high school in New Hampshire, he served four years enlisted in the Army as a Signal Intelligence Analyst. He was commissioned through the ROTC program and graduated from Clarkson University in 1994 with a degree in Civil Engineering. His previous experience includes command of an enlisted technical training detachment, four base level assignments in three different major commands, and a tour on a major command staff. Lieutenant Colonel Hargy has deployed three times, including six months in Afghanistan.
1992 Associate of Science Degree, Engineering and Science Transfer, Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, Massachusetts
1994 Bachelor of Science Degree, Civil Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York
1998 Squadron Officer School, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2003 Master of Science Degree, Engineering and Environmental Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2005 Air Command and Staff College, correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2012 Air War College, correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
1. July 1994 April 1996, Maintenance Engineer, 27th Civil Engineer Squadron, Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico.
2. May 1996 March 1997, Commander, Readiness Flight, 27th Civil Engineer Squadron, Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico.
3. April 1997 April 1998, Chief, Base Development, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea.
4. May 1998 July 1999, Maintenance Engineer, 3rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska.
5. August 1999 September 2000, Chief, Pollution Prevention, 3rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska.
6. October 2000 July 2001, Chief, Simplified Acquisition of Base Engineer Requirements, 3rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska.
7. August 2001 April 2003, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
8. May 2003 March 2004, Environmental Program Manager, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.
9. April 2004 September 2004, Chief, Pollution Prevention, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.
10. October 2004 July 2006, Civil Engineer Inspector, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.
11. August 2006 June 2008, Commander, Engineering Flight, 11th Civil Engineer Squadron, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2008 January 2009, Commander, Operations Flight, 11th Civil Engineer Squadron, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
13. February 2009 August 2009, Commander, 11th Civil Engineer Squadron, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
14. September 2009 August 2011, Commander, Detachment 6, 366th Training Squadron, Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport, Mississippi.
15. September 2011 April 2013, Chief, Installation Planning and Development Branch, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana.
16. May 2013 July 2014, Chief, Civil Engineer Operations Support Branch, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana.
17. July 2014 - Present, Commander, AFROTC Detachment 380, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leave clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jun 12, 1994
First Lieutenant Jun 12, 1996
Captain Jun 12, 1998
Major Nov 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 1, 2009