Multicultural Heroes Hall of Fame
• All students must be enrolled during the Spring 2007 semester.
• The competition is only open to MSU undergraduate students.
• MSU undergraduates of all majors are welcome to participate.
• The team must send one representative to a mandatory orientation on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 4:00 PM.
• All team members must participate in a mandatory dress rehearsal on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 1:30 PM.
• All team members are required to participate at the competition on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 at 6:00 PM.
The emcee of the competition will set the tone for the program and its relationship to MLK and Black History Month. Our emcee will talk about how Black History is American History and how the struggles for freedom, dignity and human rights are a universal struggle. We truly believe that Black History is about all of us; our program will bring multicultural heroes alive for the audience to experience and will educate them as well. The emcee will then facilitate the case competition.
Utilizing the principles of a case competition, each team of three students will be asked to:
• Give a biographical overview of one of the heroes listed
• Relate how that person has carried and passed the torch of justice
• Describe how that person has contributed to the struggle for human rights
• Explain the relationship between this person and Black History Month
• Ultimately make a case for why this person should be inducted into our Black History Month Multicultural Heroes Hall of Fame
For more information or questions please contact:
Darrell King, Competition Chair
Multicultural Business Programs
Michigan State University
415 Eppley, East Lansing, MI 48824-1226
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (517) 353-3524