INTERNATIONAL YOUTH EXCHANGE EMBLEM REQUIREMENTS
(For Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Explorers, and Unit Leaders)
- Participate for at least five days in a group exchange program, visiting a Scout group in another nation.* This visit can involve home hospitality, joint camping with the host group, or another joint activity.
- Participate for at least five days in a group exchange program hosting a Scout group from another nation in your community.* This can involve home hospitality, joint camping with the guest group, or another joint activity.
- Plan activities, both as guest and as host, that will provide opportunities to learn about each other's country, culture, and Scout association.
- Exchange groups must be at least patrols or crews of six to eight Scouts or Explorers with two adult leaders.
- All preceding requirements must be completed by a group to qualify for recognition. An individual in the group must complete all requirements to qualify.
- When requirements are completed, the International Youth Exchange emblem, No. M-214, may be ordered by the unit leader from the International Division, Boy Scouts of America. The emblem is worn as a temporary insignia on the right uniform shirt pocket.
*Under special circumstances, the exchange can be with a non-Scout youth group from a nation without a recognized Scout program, if approved in advance by the International Division.
Certification of an individual for the International Youth Exchange emblem is the responsibility of the unit leader or a designated representative.
Emblems, No. ID-214, are ordered from the International Division by the unit representative. Cost is $3.00 per emblem. Please make check payable to Boy Scouts of America:
Youth Exchange Emblem
International Division, Boy Scouts of America
1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
P.O. Box 152079
Irving, TX 75015-2079
A January, 1998, letter from the International Division B.S.A. confirmed that this information is correct as of that date.
Last Updated: February 11, 1998
Return to Troop 180 Home Page