OST 590: Community Health and Cuban Culture (5 credits)
Summer Break - May 2014
Learn more about global health while having an enriching cultural experience! Spend two weeks in Havana, Cuba earning 1 social science credit and 4 elective credits.
It is the discretion of the Course Director to determine which students may participate. An interview may be required.
For more information, please contact Rusti Sidel of IIH.
Cuba Course in International News
Michigan State University is one of a very small number of U.S. universities that offers a study abroad program in Cuba. Students travel under the auspices of a General License from the U.S. government, and this allows our students and staff to legally enter Cuba.
- Undergraduate student at Michigan State University.
- 2.5 GPA required.
- Must have a good understanding of Biology, Microbiology, and Physiology.
- Must have respect for different cultures.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively.
- How to Apply
- Please submit IIH's application form to our main office at B-319 West Fee Hall by Febuary 15, 2014.
- Students must also apply through Michigan State University's Office of Study Abroad, click here to apply online.
The Office of Study Abroad offers scholarships to students who participate in MSU's study abroad programs. The deadline is March 1 for summer break programs! Details here.