OST 590: Global Health Education-Understanding Turkish Culture and Health Care Delivery System (3 credits)
Summer Break - August 7-17, 2014
Learn more about global health while having an enriching cultural experience! Through this course, students will spend a weekend exploring the culture and sites of historic Istanbul, including the Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, and Istanbul University. Then, students will spend a week at Selcuk University in Konya observing at the teaching hospital and attending didactic lectures.
It is the discretion of the Course Director to determine which students may participate. An interview may be required.
For more information, please contact Rusti Sidel of IIH.
- First and second year medical curriculum (COM/CHM/CON) students at Michigan State University.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Students cannot have a failed course on their record at time of departure.
- How to Apply
- Please submit IIH's application form to our main office at B-319 West Fee Hall.
- Students must also apply through Michigan State's Office of Study Abroad, click here to apply online.
The Office of Study Abroad offers scholarships to students who participate in MSU's study abroad programs. The deadline is March 1 for summer break programs! Details here.