OST 590: Tropical Medicine (3 credits)
Winter Break - December 14-21, 2013
Learn more about global health while having an enriching cultural experience! Through this course, students will gain clinical experience with infectious and tropical diseases, oncology, pulmonology, OB/GYN, and community health. The Health Exposure Experience course in Belem, Brazil, enables students to observe healthcare practices in eastern Amazon villages, see pathologies uncommon in the United States, and improve their cultural competency.
It is the discretion of the Course Director to determine which students may participate. An interview may be required.
For more information, please contact Rusti Sidel of IIH.
- First, second, or third year medical curriculum (COM/CHM/CON) student at Michigan State University.
- Good academic standing required.
- Students cannot have a failed course on their record at time of departure.
- How to Apply
- Please submit IIH's application form to our main office at B-319 West Fee Hall by October 10, 2013.
- Students must also apply through Michigan State's Office of Study Abroad, click here to apply online.
The Office of Study Abroad offers scholarships to students who participate in MSU's study abroad programs. The deadline is October 15 for winter break programs! Details here.