1. Length of Presentation 25 minutes including final quiz
2. There will be a quiz of 5 questions given out at the beginning of the presentation, with the answers given at the end. The quiz will be on a handout, with the answers written somewhere (upside down, other side, etc....)
3. Presentation should be rich in audiovisual content: e.g., video, slides, handouts. The materials can be presented in PowerPoint format with video and audio and animations, etc.
4. The presentation, including video files, can be put on a CD-ROM and distributed to fellow students.
5. While you are preparing your presentation, you are encouraged to place materials, including this Prolegomena, on the web, through our web site. This is an important part of our course, since it fosters team participation.
6. Rehearse and time your presentation. JBE will be forced to use the "HOOK" if you go over even by 1 nanosecond!
I. Introduction/Definition: Handheld Computers & AAC
A. Supportive Software
B. Customized accessories
A. Special Characteristics of this population
a. Physical Limitations
b. Cognitive CharacteristicsB. Typical Etiologies
a. Varying Etiologies
1. Cerebral palsy
4. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
IV. Case studies / Research articles
1. PriceB. Disadvantages
3. Memory capacity
4. Vocabulary/ Literacy
5. Physical/cognitive limitations
Recommendations for clinical practice
Artificial Language Lab, MSU