1. Length of Presentation 25 minutes including final quiz
2. There will be a quiz of 5 questions given out at the beginning of the presentation, with the answers given at the end. The quiz will be on a handout, with the answers written somewhere (upside down, other side, etc....)
3. Presentation should be rich in audiovisual content: e.g., video, slides, handouts. The materials can be presented in PowerPoint format with video and audio and animations, etc.
4. The presentation, including video files, can be put on a CD-ROM and distributed to fellow students.
5. While you are preparing your presentation, you are encouraged to place materials, including this Prolegomena, on the web, through our web site. This is an important part of our course, since it fosters team participation.
6. Rehearse and time your presentation. JBE will be forced to use the "HOOK" if you go over even by 1 nanosecond!
A. Introduction: Definition of Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
a. Purpose of PECSB. PECS and the population it serves:
b. Define Communication
C. The hierarchy of PECS
a. Phase I
b. Phase II
c. Phase III
d. Phase IV
e. And so on….D. PECS vs. other communicative modalities:
a. Sign LanguageE. Case Study ----- Maybe!
a. Recommendations for clinical practice
Artificial Language Lab, MSU
Mary Cok, M.A., CCC-SLP
Ken-O-Sha Center – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bondy, A., & Frost, L., (2002). The picture exchange communication system: training manual. Newark, Delaware: Pyramid Educational Products, Inc.