- Length of Presentation 25 minutes including final quiz
- There will be a quiz of 5 questions given out at the beginning
of the presentation, with the answers given at the end. The quiz will be
on a handout, with the answers written somewhere (upside down, other side,
- Presentation should be rich in audiovisual content: e.g., video,
slides, handouts. The materials can be presented in Powerpoint format with
video and audio and animations, etc.
- The presentation, including video files, can be put on a CD-ROM
and distributed to fellow students.
- While you are preparing your presentation, you are encouraged
to place materials, including this Prolegomena, on the web, through our web
site. This is an important part of our course, since it fosters team participation.
- Rehearse and time your presentation. JBE will be forced
to use the "HOOK" if you go over even by 1 nanosecond!
- How to Approach the world of commercially available AAC products
1. Matrix of Design Features
2. Classification by input, output, cost, diagnosis of
3. Resources (CAMA, MATR, USSAAC, ISAAC, etc.)
- Case Study (BM)
- How to go from evaluation to actual device recommendation
- Other issues outside of product specs:
1. Training (Does company provide
2. Repair and maintenance, 24/7 800-number support?
3. Trade-ins, or trade-ups?
4. Buying devices used, advantages and drawbacks
5. Other issues
- Conclusion: Recommendations for practice.
- Artificial Language Lab, MSU
- MATR (Michigan’s Assistive Technology Resource)
MATR , 1023 South U.S. 27 St. Johns, MI
48879-2424 (800) 274-7426 or (989) 224-0333
Alison Walczak, M.A., CCC-SLP Consultant, Ext. 319
- Willow Ridge School, Grand Ledge, MI
- CAMA – Communication Aid Manufacturers Associationhttp://www.aacproducts.org