Contact Information and FAQs
MSU Campus Operators
MSU Campus Operators are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Call (517) 355-1855.
Campus Street Address
The address listed below should be used for navigation/GPS purposes only. Michigan State University doesn’t have a single/primary postal mail address.
Please do not address mail or packages to 220 Trowbridge Rd. For MSU unit and office postal addresses, please refer to the building and department-specific addresses web page.
Michigan State University
220 Trowbridge Rd
East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
For student, faculty, or staff contact information, please use the MSU People Directory.
Computing and Network Support
- Toll-free (US and Canada) help line for online learning questions: (800) 500-1554
- Technology help and support:
- (517) 432-6200
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find what I am looking for quickly?
- For the fastest results, try the MSU search engine.
- For an A-Z index of websites and informaiton use the MSU A-Z Index.
- View a full list of academic websites at MSU.
- Campus maps are on the Web for online viewing and for printing (e.g., visitor parking, mass transit/buses)
- Information about MSU students or staff beyond what is published in the MSU People Directory.
Where can I find computing service alerts?
See http://tech.msu.edu for the latest computing service alerts.
Who should I contact for advising questions?
- No preference (undergraduates who have not yet declared a major), visit Student Academic Affairs Advising
- Declared major: See your departmentally assigned advisor. Contact your department if you don’t know who your advisor is. Here is a list of departments.
- Graduate: Faculty advisors or committee
Where can I order transcripts?
You can order transcripts online or by mail. See:http://www.reg.msu.edu/Transcripts/
Who can I speak to about enrollment questions?
- Visit the Office of the Registrar
- Check the Office of the Registrar FAQ
- Call Office of the Registrar at (517) 355-3300.
Who should I contact about E-mail abuse, spam or viruses from msu.edu
- Many cases of “abuse” occur when someone’s computer is infected with a virus. The person you think is sending abusive mail or spam may not be guilty due to forged addresses.
- Contact your local computer help desk for diagnostic assistance.
- Report abuse cases by sending the entire e-mail to: email@example.com
- If someone has threatened your health, safety, or property, contact the police.
Where can I learn more about campus tours?
How can I submit a change of address?
- Current students
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and friends of the university
- Donors please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I contact about the msu.edu website?
For questions or comments related to the http://www.msu.edu Web site, please contact the MSU Web Team.