Need-to-know messages for how to celebrate safely
During the semester, we encourage you to stay safe while enjoying your home away from home. Remember: MSU Spartans celebrate with class. In fact, 9 out of 10 watch out for friends to make sure they stay safe. To celebrate MSU successes like a true Spartan, follow these simple guidelines:
- Travel in groups and stay with people you know and trust. Never leave a friend alone.
- Call 911 if you find a fellow Spartan in need or if you see anything suspicious.
- When traveling around campus and East Lansing, choose well-lit, highly traveled routes.
- Lock your doors when sleeping or leaving your room, and never leave your valuables unattended. Your residence hall or your apartment complex is your home; know who you let in.
- If something does not seem safe, it probably isn’t. Trust your instincts. If you see something, say something! Text “MSUPD” along with your message to 274637.
- Remember: No one is anonymous anymore. Think carefully before starting or joining in a disturbance. Authorities review media reports, online videos and social media.
*Adobe Reader (opens in new window)is required to view document.