Need-to-know messages for how to celebrate safely
As you begin the Fall semester, we encourage you to stay safe while enjoying your home away from home:
- Travel in groups and stay with people you know and trust. Never leave a friend alone.
- Call 911 if you find a fellow Spartan in need or if you see anything suspicious.
- When traveling around campus and East Lansing, choose well-lit, highly traveled routes.
- Lock your doors when sleeping or leaving your home or residence hall room. Never leave your valuables unattended. Know everyone who you let into your apartment, house, or residence hall.
- If something does not seem safe, it probably isn’t. Trust your instincts. If you see something, say something! Text "MSUPD” along with your message to 274637.
- Remember: No one is anonymous anymore. Think carefully before starting or joining in any kind of disturbance. Authorities review the news, online videos, and social media.
For more information about the Spartan Stadium experience, go to http://gameday.msu.edu/.
*Adobe Reader (opens in new window)is required to view document.